Tuesday, December 18, 2012

peeling fruit

Sometimes it's the littlest things.  Vicki knows to go to the refrigerator, open it, and remove the clementine she wants to eat from the fruit bin.  She has been fixated on them lately, wanting to eat three or four at a time.  Without thinking about it, I had immediately been taking it from her, peeling it, and offering her pieces of the fruit.

The other day she showed me that she wants to be the one peeling it!  I did not think she would be able to do this - in fact, I never even considered it.  But she peeled it completely, from start to finish.  Then she enjoyed a sweet reward for her labor!

It helps that clementines are very easy to peel.  I love them, and they are one of the few "designer" fruits for which I will willingly pay extra when they are in stock during the winter.

Sometimes we just don't think about what our children are capable of doing, do we?

 

No comments: