Friday, April 6, 2012

storage!

We are short on closets in this old house, and we have no real basement or garage.  Technically, we actually have both, but the basement is just a dirt hole and it freaks me out (plus feral cats live down there in the winter . . . don't ask), and the garage is out across the backyard and not very secure.  So, we are limited to pretty much just keeping our stuff in our two floors of the house.

I despise clutter, and feel that I'm constantly battling it.  Anytime I can find a way to get some things up off the floor or another surface, it feels like a triumph!  I got this idea from my sister, who did it in her old guest bathroom with extra toiletries.

I took an over-the-door shoe organizer and filled it with baby supplies:  lotions, washes, medicines, thermometer, brush, comb, diapers, etc.  Works like a charm for diaper changes without the extra space taken being taken up by a changing table!

No comments: