Friday, October 14, 2011

tripp trapp, revisited

We didn't register for a high chair for our baby showers.  I wasn't sure what kind I wanted, and I assigned it to our "figure it out later" list.  As I investigated the options, I became enamored of the Stokke Tripp Trapp. 

I love the fact that it grows up with your child, is stylish and not "kid-cluttery" or plastic, and that it enables your child to pull up directly to the table and eat with the family.  (Of course, we are still working on the whole "eating as a family at the table" concept, but what is life if you don't have areas for improvement?!)

The downside?  You guessed it.  It's spendy.  The chair, with the infant insert you need for a babe and shipping and handling, would be close to $300.  That's a major investment, my friends. 

So I did what I always do.  I got on Craigslist and looked around.  Found a fantastic knock-off for fifty bucks and a drive to Kansas City.  All I had to do was order a new cushion cover, and I had my pull-up-to-the-table grow-with-your-child modern-design wooden chair.  The baby digs it, too:



No comments: