Monday, August 1, 2011

a theory

I have a theory - a highly developed, well-researched theory - that all babies look a lot like their fathers.  I think this is an evolutionary response to assure fathers that their children are actually theirs.  After all, no one can question the identity of the mother if they were around for the birth!  But fathers need a little reassurance.  This ensures that the family unit stays together to care for the child.  I just wish I were an evolutionary biologist so I could say this with any real certainty!  Here is my casual observation on this theory:

That's all for today!  Enjoy your Monday, world.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have noticed this. I feel like kids end up looking like both their parents, but start off looking mostly like the father. I don't know how I feel about it. It's like you're birthing a tiny version of your husband, which is all the more funny when it is a girl.

I found a study on it. I think it is hooey, though. What do the scientists know?