Monday, March 21, 2016

march 21


I'm reasonably certain that I was a surprise to my parents.  My brother and sister are much older (10 and 8 years), and my parents split very shortly after I was born.  No one ever said I was a mistake, and I don't think that.  But I continue to be a surprise, even to myself.

Today, I am 31.  (Actually not until 3:43 pm, but whatever.)

One of the most surprising things to me is that there are so many people who love and care about me.  The ones in the picture are just a few of the ones who have held me together (and been okay with me falling apart).  That was at my birthday dinner, where they indulged me by being extra-fancy.

I have never been the most popular, or the most beautiful, or the most charming.  That's okay.  I don't have to be.  I hope I can just know that I'm the luckiest and be the most grateful.


No comments: